Not bad for a microwave meatloaf recipe. So quick too. Perfect for those worknight meals. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
Everyday Meat Loaf
The meat loaf cooks in the microwave for just 8 minutes, a fraction of the time it takes for traditionally baked meat loaf. Broiling the cheese on top of the cooked meat loaf until it's brown and bubbly lends the dish a pleasing, oven-baked look.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 21 Minutes
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 492mg
- Calcium: 114mg
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; stir gently to combine. Spread beef mixture evenly in a 9 1/2-inch microwave-safe loaf dish coated with cooking spray; do not pack beef mixture into dish. Loosely cover with a paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes.
- 2. Preheat broiler.
- 3. Sprinkle meat loaf with cheese; broil 3 minutes or until browned.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note