Everyday Hot Chocolate
More From Southern Living
Coo: 8 Minutes
- 4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons hot fudge topping
- Pinch of salt
- Stir-ins: crushed hard peppermint candies, chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate mints, miniature marshmallows, milk chocolate kisses, cherry cordial crème chocolate kisses
- Whipped Topping Dollops on Spoons (optional)
- 1. Cook milk in a large nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Whisk in chocolate syrup, fudge topping, and salt, whisking vigorously until chocolate is well blended and mixture is frothy. Serve immediately with desired stir-ins or, if desired, Whipped Topping Dollops on Spoons.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, Smucker's Hot Fudge Topping, Andes Crème de Menthe Thins, and Hershey's Kisses Limited Edition Cherry Cordial Crème.
- Lightened Everyday Hot Chocolate: Substitute 2% reduced-fat milk for regular milk. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages