More From Health
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 42mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups regular oats
- 2 cups whole-wheat toasted oat cereal (such as Cheerios)
- 2 cups sweetened puffed wheat cereal (such as Kellogg's Smacks)
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1/2 cup nutlike cereal nuggets (such as Grape-Nuts)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted soy nuts
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-ounce) package dried cherries
- 2 (4-ounce) packages dried blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°.
- 2. Heat juice and next 3 ingredients (through honey) in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until dissolved; set aside.
- 3. Combine oats and next 10 ingredients (through sunflower seed kernels) in a large bowl.
- 4. Pour juice mixture over oat mixture; toss.
- 5. Divide mixture in half; spread evenly over 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 45 minutes or until dry and crispy, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely; stir in dried fruit. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note