- 4 bacon slices (optional)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- calories 255
- fat 16.5 g
- satfat 5.5 g
- monofat 6.6 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 17 g
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 215 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 564 mg
- calcium 279 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange bacon on microwave-safe paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until done. Crumble bacon.
While bacon cooks, heat a medium cast-iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add zucchini; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle tomatoes and bacon over zucchini. Reduce heat to medium.
Combine milk and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk or fork.
Pour milk mixture over zucchini mixture in pan. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture is partially set.
Place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 9 minutes or until center is set. Cut into 4 wedges.
3 Ways to Riff: • Omit bacon for a vegetarian version. • Swap in 4 cups coarsely chopped kale or Swiss chard for zucchini. • Play with different cheeses: Try reduced-fat sharp cheddar or pepper-Jack for a bit of heat.