1. In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the celery and sauté until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the eggplant and sauté until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
5. Add the red pepper and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the diced tomatoes with their juices, raisins and oregano.
7. Simmer over medium-low heat until the favors blend and the mixture thickens,
stirring often, about 20 minutes.
8. Stir in the vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
9. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Go to full version of