Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 3 tablespoon(s) raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1. In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2. Add the celery and sauté until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Add the eggplant and sauté until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 5. Add the red pepper and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6. Add the diced tomatoes with their juices, raisins and oregano.
- 7. Simmer over medium-low heat until the favors blend and the mixture thickens,
- stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- 8. Stir in the vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 9. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JudyFerraro and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
EVERYDAY CAPONATA Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes