Etruscan Peasant Soup
Hearty soup with a taste of Italy
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- -1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- -1/2 lb boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- -3/4 cup chopped onion
- -2 garlic cloves minced
- - 1 tbls olive oil
- - 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- -1 can cannelloni beans, drained
- -1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano undrained
- -1 can chicken broth (14 1/2 oz)
- -1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a lg. saucepan or Dutch oven over med. heat, cook sausage, chicken, onion, and garlic in hot oil until sausage is no longer pink. Add spinach, beans, tomatoes, broth, and red peppers; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle individual servings with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dianedavid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note