- 1 1/2 cups (3/4 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons finely ground espresso-roast coffee beans
- 3 tablespoons Kahlúa or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs (see notes)
- calories 138
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 1.4 g
- fat 8.5 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 111 mg
- cholesterol 21 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, salt, espresso grounds, and Kahlúa. Beat to combine. Add flour and cacao nibs and mix until well blended.
Form dough into two 1 1/2-inch-thick logs, cover with plastic wrap or wax paper, and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
Cut chilled dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices and lay slightly apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until cookies are browned on the bottom but not the top, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.