Espresso Pots de Crème
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kristen Shelton Fielder
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 (.7- to .11-ounce) packet instant coffee
- Garnishes: whipped cream, chocolate-covered espresso beans
- 1. Heat first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until hot.
- 2. Whisk egg yolks until smooth. Gradually whisk 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into egg yolks; gradually whisk egg mixture into hot milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. (Thermometer should register 160°.) Add chocolate and coffee, stirring until smooth and well blended.
- 3. Pour chocolate mixture into 8 espresso cups; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note