Espresso Pots de Crème
Chocolate and coffee make a beautiful combination in this recipe for Espresso Pots de Crème. This dessert only takes 20 minutes to prep and cook (give yourself two hours to let these tasty creations chill, however).
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 (.7- to .11-ounce) packet instant coffee
- Garnishes: whipped cream, chocolate-covered espresso beans
- 1. Heat first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until hot.
- 2. Whisk egg yolks until smooth. Gradually whisk 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into egg yolks; gradually whisk egg mixture into hot milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. (Thermometer should register 160°.) Add chocolate and coffee, stirring until smooth and well blended.
- 3. Pour chocolate mixture into 8 espresso cups; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This