Home-brewed espresso would work just as well in this recipe. You can dress up the finished ice with whipped topping and tri-colored chocolate-covered espresso beans.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 53
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules
- 1/4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans (optional)
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish, stirring until sugar and espresso dissolve.
- 2. Cover and freeze until partially frozen (about 1 hour). Scrape mixture with a fork, crushing any lumps. Freeze an additional 1 hour and 35 minutes or until completely frozen, scraping entire mixture with a fork every 30 minutes.
- 3. Scoop mixture into espresso cups or small glasses, and, if desired, top with whipped topping and chocolate-covered espresso beans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note