OUTSTANDING! Easy to prepare, delicious and healthy!!! Tastes even better than restaurant quality. I am really impressed with the meld of wonderful flavors. You gotta try it!
Escarole and White Bean Soup
PREP AND COOK TIME: About 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 cups; 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 196
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Sodium: 360mg
- Cholesterol: 7.6mg
- 8 ounces escarole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup chopped prosciutto or Westphalian ham (1 oz.)
- 5 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut base off escarole; rinse and drain leaves. Cut leaves crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- 2. Set a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil, onion, garlic, and prosciutto; stir often until onion is limp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Add broth and beans, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in escarole and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and offer cheese to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews