- About 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/2-in. dice (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 4 canned peeled tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 qts. roughly chopped escarole (about 2 heads)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- calories 344
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- protein 18 g
- fat 17 g
- satfat 4.9 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 12 g
- sodium 1008 mg
- cholesterol 10 mg
How to Make It
Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a 4- to 5-qt. pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook 2 minutes. Then add garlic and chile flakes; cook, stirring often, until garlic turns pale gold. Add tomatoes, broth, beans, and pepper. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Add escarole and cook, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season to taste with salt. Divide among 4 serving bowls, sprinkle with cheese, and drizzle with more olive oil.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.