This was a tasty, unique side. Served with fish (lemon flavor went well with the cod). Will make again, but personally I think it would only go well with some fish and some chicken dishes.
Escarole & Bean Sauté
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
Garlic, lemon, and crushed red pepper season escarole and cannellini beans in this simple Escarole & Bean Saute side dish.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: about 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 62
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 226mg
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) bag chopped escarole
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Gradually add escarole, and cook 1 minute. Add water; cover. Cook for 30 seconds, and uncover. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and beans. Cook for 2 minutes. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, and black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables