would probably be good without the alcohol. We are not drinkers so there is no alcohol in our house.
Ernie's Fruity Drink
This recipe turns a fruity smoothie into a grown-up party drink by combining strawberries, blueberries, a banana, and vodka.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10-oz.) box frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1. Puree strawberries in a blender until smooth. Divide strawberry puree evenly among 4 tall glasses.
- 2. Place ice in blender; add blueberries and next 4 ingredients. Process until smooth. Pour blueberry mixture evenly over strawberry puree in glasses.
- "Warm" Ice: Slightly melted ice blends a better drink, Ernie says. He suggests letting the ice sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before using. "It should be wet to the touch without sticking to your fingers," he explains.
- Peach-Brandy Chiller: Substitute 1 cup fresh or frozen peaches for blueberries and banana and 1/2 cup brandy for vodka; proceed as directed.
- Banana-Strawberry Daiquiri: Substitute 1 cup additional frozen strawberries, thawed, for blueberries and 1/2 cup rum for vodka; proceed as directed.
- Watermelon Cooler: Substitute 1 cup watermelon cubes for blueberries and banana; proceed as directed.
- Mango-Papaya Daiquiri: Substitute 1/2 cup each cubed mango and papaya for blueberries and banana and 1/2 cup coconut rum for vodka; proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages