Epicurious.com Garlic-Scape Pesto
Makes 1 1/2 cups pesto. Garlic scapes are the soft, lime-green-colored stems and unopened flower buds of hard-neck garlic varieties. Scapes have a mild garlic flavor and a slight sweetness, which makes them a prized addition in the kitchen. You can find them in the early summer and midfall at farmers' markets. If you grow your own garlic (which is easy), trim the scapes off before their flowers open. This forces the plant to focus on bulb production and increases the size of the garlic cloves.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 10 large garlic scapes
- 1/3 cup(s) sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup(s) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- 1/3 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Puree the garlic scapes, pistachios, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor until very finely chopped. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil through the opening. Season the pesto with salt and pepper to taste. (The pesto keeps in the fridge, covered, for 1 week or frozen for a month.)
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pasta-with-Garlic-Scape-Pesto-395769#ixzz1wgrVxgTR
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Epicurious.com Garlic-Scape Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes