I changed the tomato sauce to medium salsa and it was very good. My husband really liked it. I would use this recipe for everyday and for special occasions.
Shredded lettuce topped with guacamole is the perfect side salad.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles (optional)
- 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Cook ground chuck and onion in a large skillet over high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Return to skillet; stir in cottage cheese. Set aside.
- Process diced tomatoes and tomato sauce in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Stir in chopped chiles, if desired.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons ground beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top each with 2 tablespoons tomato mixture and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour remaining tomato mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake enchiladas at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes