English Tea Scones
- 2 coups flour
- 1/3 cup gran. sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup currants
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightl beaten
- 1 tbs water
- coarse sugar
- preheat oven to 425 F.
- Stir flour, sugar, baking poder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter into mixtur until coarse crumbles.
- stir in currants.
- combine beatenegg and milk; add to flour mixture.
- stire with a fork until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly foured surface and knead gently for 15 strokes. Pat lightly roll out dough to 1inch thickness. Cut into round 2 inch biscuits. Arrange 1 inch apapt on a ungreased baking sheet. Stire together slightly beaten egg and water and brush tops of scones with egg mixture. Sprinkle with corase sugar.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until tops or brown. Transfer scones to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm. Makes about 10 to 12 scones
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KimGlattstein and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
English Tea Scones Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch