- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup brandy*
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 pound candied cherries, halved
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, beating until mixture is blended.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Add brandy, beating until blended.
- Combine pecans and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour batter over pecan mixture, and stir until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- *1/2 cup apple juice may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts