- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup brandy*
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 pound candied cherries, halved
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
How to Make It
Beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, beating until mixture is blended.
Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Add brandy, beating until blended.
Combine pecans and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour batter over pecan mixture, and stir until blended.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
*1/2 cup apple juice may be substituted.