English Rice Pudding
Shirley Petter got this recipe from her mother, Kitty Stipp.
Yield: Makes 18 servings
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups hot milk
- 2 cups hot whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut up
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Lemon Sauce (optional)
- Stir together first 8 ingredients until thoroughly blended. Pour into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; dot with butter, and sprinkle evenly with nutmeg. Place dish in a large baking pan; add hot water to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until lightly browned and set. Cool slightly, and cut into squares. Serve with Lemon Sauce, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note