English Muffin Breakfast Strata
A strata is ideal for holiday entertaining because you can make the dish a day in advance. On the morning of the brunch, all you'll have to do is put it in the oven.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 8 Hours, 10 Minutes
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 14.9g
- Saturated fat: 7.2g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 24.5g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 900mg
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Calcium: 363mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) package turkey breakfast sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup bottled roasted red bell pepper, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (13-ounce) package whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) reduced-fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage and next 3 ingredients; sauté 9 minutes or until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Cut muffin halves into quarters, and arrange in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle half of sausage mixture and 1 cup cheese over muffins.
- Combine eggs, egg whites, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour evenly over mixture in baking dish. Top with remaining sausage mixture and remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note