- 2 pounds peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 pound skinned cod fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup 50%-less-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon butter or stick margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter or stick margarine
- 3/4 cup diced carrot
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced leek
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- calories 459
- fat 7.7 g
- satfat 4.6 g
- protein 29.7 g
- carbohydrate 61.5 g
- cholesterol 71 mg
- iron 3.0 mg
- sodium 985 mg
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- fiber 5 g
- calcium 179 mg
How to Make It
Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes or until tender.
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat. Coat fish with cooking spray, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done; set aside, and keep warm.
Drain potatoes, and place in a large bowl; add sour cream and next 5 ingredients, and beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Set aside, and keep warm.
Preheat oven to 450°.
Heat 2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, and leek; cook, stirring constantly, 7 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring until well blended. Add clam juice and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, stirring constantly.
Spoon mixture into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with fish. Spread potato topping over fish and vegetable mixture; coat potato topping with cooking spray, and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 450° for 18 minutes or until potato topping is lightly browned. YIELD: 4 servings.