Endive With Herbed Goat Cheese
The goat cheese mixture can be made 1 day in advance. Assemble the appetizer on a platter, cover, and chill up to 4 hours ahead of party.
Yield: Makes about 60 appetizers
- 14 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 60 Belgian endive leaves (about 8 heads)
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Spoon into a small bowl; stir in cilantro and next 3 ingredients.
- Pipe or spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture onto each tip of endive leaf, top with 1 tomato slice. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note