Wow, so good! And elegant. I used turbinado sugar and had toasted pine nuts since they were on hand. They were great. Black pepper makes a nice addition. Yum!
Endive with Caramelized Pears and Blue Cheese
The classic combination of pears, blue cheese, and walnuts yields a nice appetizer that comes together quickly. The filling mixture is best if made just before serving.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2 filled endive leaves)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.1g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 152mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled Bosc pear (about 3 medium)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup (about 3 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 small Belgian endive leaves (about 3 heads)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pear and sugar to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Place pear mixture, blue cheese, walnuts, and salt in a bowl; stir gently to combine. Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons pear mixture into each endive leaf. Arrange leaves on a platter; sprinkle evenly with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This