- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 16 Belgian endive leaves (about 2 heads)
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese
- 16 small orange sections (about 2 navel oranges)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine walnuts and 1 tablespoon honey; spread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
Combine 1 tablespoon honey, vinegar, and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, and cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 5 minutes).
Fill each endive leaf with 1 orange section. Top each section with 1 teaspoon cheese and 1 teaspoon walnuts; arrange on a plate. Drizzle the vinegar mixture evenly over leaves, and sprinkle evenly with chives and pepper.