Excellent appetizer. Very easy to make and healthy. Guests loved it. So did husband who looked askance at them before tasting.
Endive Spears with White Bean Radicchio Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
Time: 15 minutes. These beans are low in fat and high in fiber.
Yield: Makes 24 spears
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 21
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 53mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup finely chopped radicchio
- About 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large heads Belgian endive
- 1. Mix together beans, radicchio, 1 tbsp. vinegar, olive oil, chives, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Taste and add more vinegar if you like.
- 2. Trim base from endive heads and separate endive into 24 leaves, reserving smaller leaves for another use (like salad). Spoon bean mixture into base of each leaf, dividing evenly.
- Make ahead: Prepare through step 1 and chill, covered, up to 1 day.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per spear.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers