Endive Salad With Oranges and Goat Cheese
Prep: 15 minutes; Bake: 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 salad and 2 teaspoons dressing)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 15g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 132mg
- Calcium: 291mg
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, preferably Spanish
- 1 whole garlic head, top sliced off
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 Belgian endive leaves
- 40 orange sections (4 oranges)
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces sliced Marcona almonds
- Minced chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place olive oil in a small roasting pan with garlic. Bake 30–35 minutes or until garlic cloves feel soft.
- 2. Remove from oven, and separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins. Process garlic cloves, vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- 3. On each of 4 plates, place 5 endive leaves in a pinwheel pattern. Add 2–3 orange segments to each leaf of endive. Crumble a little goat cheese over each, and top with a few almond slices. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of the roasted-garlic vinaigrette (you'll have extra), and garnish with minced chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads