I've been looking for an endive salad recipe and came across this one. Super yummy!! I didn't have sherry vinegar, so I used half balsamic, and half rice vinegar...still worked
Endive Salad with Bacon, Gorgonzola, and Avocado
We like to toss this salad together for a casual presentation, but if you want to dress it up for a dinner party, keep the endive leaves whole, arrange them on a platter, fill them with the avocado-bacon-gorgonzola mixture, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 87%
- Protein: 7g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 8.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 295mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 5 slices (about 5 oz.) thick-cut bacon
- 4 large heads Belgian endive, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon, turning once, until crisp and brown, about 6 minutes total. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels, then crumble into small pieces.
- 2. In a medium serving bowl, combine bacon, endive, avocado, and gorgonzola. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together shallot and vinegar. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, whisking, until dressing is emulsified. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note