- 5 slices (about 5 oz.) thick-cut bacon
- 4 large heads Belgian endive, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- calories 322
- caloriesfromfat 87 %
- protein 7 g
- fat 31 g
- satfat 7.4 g
- carbohydrate 8.3 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- sodium 295 mg
- cholesterol 17 mg
How to Make It
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon, turning once, until crisp and brown, about 6 minutes total. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels, then crumble into small pieces.
In a medium serving bowl, combine bacon, endive, avocado, and gorgonzola. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together shallot and vinegar. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, whisking, until dressing is emulsified. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.