Endive Potato Casserole
Meat and potato fans will enjoy the combination of creamy, rich-tasting Endive Potato Casserole and Fillet of Beef with Peppercorns.
Yield: 2 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups sliced Belgian endive (about 1/3 pound)
- 1 cup peeled, sliced baking potato
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- Melt margarine in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat; add flour, and stir until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until white sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in salt. Set aside.
- Coat a 7- x 5 1/4- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange half of endive slices in bottom of dish. Arrange half of potato slices over endive; sprinkle with half of shallot and 1 tablespoon cheese. Top with half of white sauce. Repeat layers, ending with remaining white sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until potato is tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This