Endive, Pear, and Blue Cheese Salad
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Calcium: 202mg
- 1/4 cup walnuts, halved
- 1 (1-ounce) slice rye bread, cubed
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 assorted firm-ripe pears, such as Bosc, Anjou, or Bartlett
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (1%)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds endive, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. On a small baking sheet, combine walnuts, bread cubes, rosemary, garlic, and olive oil; toss well. Toast until fragrant (5-6 minutes); let cool.
- 2. Halve, core, and slice pears. In a small bowl, combine pear slices and 1 teaspoon lemon juice; toss well.
- 3. In another small bowl, combine remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, buttermilk, Worcestershire, pepper, and half of blue cheese.
- 4. Arrange endive on plate or platter with pears. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and walnut mixture; drizzle with dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note