- 1/4 cup walnuts, halved
- 1 (1-ounce) slice rye bread, cubed
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 assorted firm-ripe pears, such as Bosc, Anjou, or Bartlett
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (1%)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds endive, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- calories 235
- fat 10 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 8 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 9 g
- cholesterol 12 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 310 mg
- calcium 202 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. On a small baking sheet, combine walnuts, bread cubes, rosemary, garlic, and olive oil; toss well. Toast until fragrant (5-6 minutes); let cool.
Halve, core, and slice pears. In a small bowl, combine pear slices and 1 teaspoon lemon juice; toss well.
In another small bowl, combine remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, buttermilk, Worcestershire, pepper, and half of blue cheese.
Arrange endive on plate or platter with pears. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and walnut mixture; drizzle with dressing.