Endive "Chips" with Blue Cheese Dip and Bacon Dust
Endive leaves, being naturally scooped and crunchy, make a refreshing alternative to potato chips.
Yield: Serves 10
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 31
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 83mg
- Cholesterol: 5.6mg
- 2 strips of thick bacon (2 oz.) chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 20 leaves of endive (from about 3 heads)
- 1. Cook bacon in a frying pan (not nonstick) over high heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Pulse in a food processor to make fine crumbs and put in a serving bowl.
- 2. Mix together yogurt, cheese, 1/2 tsp. rosemary, and pepper in another serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. rosemary. Pile endive leaves in a wide bowl and serve with dip and bacon dust.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note