enchiladas verde con queso with salsa verde
Community Recipe from
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup(s) peanut oil for pan frying
- 2 cup(s) chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) jack cheese coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- additional jack cheese garnish
- additional sour cream garnish
- chopped fresh coriander
- 1 clove(s) garlic peeled and minced
- 2 yellow onions small onion peeled and chopped
- 8 fresh tomatillos husked or 8 canned tomatillos, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoon(s) peanut oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 can(s) green chilies 7 oz. finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) salsa jalapena La Victoria brand
- Place a bit of the sauce in a 9x9-inch baking dish. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry each tortilla in the oil until pliable, just a few seconds. Fill them with the chicken, Jack cheese, and sour cream, then roll them up. Top with more sauce and the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. garnish with additional jack Cheese, coriander, and more sour cream.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the garlic, onion, and tomatillos in the il. Stir in the flour and sauté for a few minutes more. Add the Chicken Stock and stir until smooth. Add the chiles and simmer 30 minutes. Add the salsa jalapena and simmer 10 more minutes. Add salt to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DianeDailey and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
enchiladas verde con queso with salsa verde Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes