I never thought to make my own enchilada sauce, but now I'll never buy store bought again! This is so yummy, easy and has such a wonderful depth of flavor. YUM! It is a large portion though, so I froze some to use another time.
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth, divided
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato purÃ©e
- Heat 1/4 cup chicken broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until tender and liquid evaporates. Add the remaining broth, chili powder, and remaining ingredients; stir well. Partially cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments