Enchilada Pasta Soup
Homemade soup in minutes. Top individual servings with a dollop of sour cream. Use mild or medium enchilada sauce according to preference. Additions/Substitutions: rice in place of the vermicelli; one can of black beans, one can corn, 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder, and two tablespoons of cornstarch make this a satisfying chili. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping. Recipe from Pillsbury.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 14.75-ounce can(s) cream style sweet corn
- 2 10-ounce can(s) red enchilada sauce
- 1 4.5-ounce can(s) chopped green chiles
- 1 10-ounce can(s) chunk white and dark chicken in water, undrained
- 1 5-ounce package(s) uncooked vermicelli, broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano leaves, crushed
- Garnish, if desired
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounce(s) (3 cups) shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Step 1: In Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine broth, corn, enchilada sauce and chiles; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add all remaining soup ingredients; mix well.
- Step 2: Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 minutes or until vermicelli is tender, stirring occasionally. Ladle soup into individual bowls. Garnish each serving with onion and cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note