Healthy & quick Tex-Mex meal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 ounce(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 teaspoon(s) Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
- olive oil spray
- 4 tablespoon(s) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup(s) light monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 15 ounce(s) black beans rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat and tenderize the chicken! (a reminder for myself)
- Season each chicken breast evenly on both sides with the southwest seasoning.
- Place a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over high heat. When hot, lightly mist with the olive oil spray and add the chicken. Cook, turning once, 2 minutes per side, or just until the chicken is golden brown on the outside.
- While chicken is cooking heat beans over medium heat on stove top.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of the enchilada sauce, one-fourth of the cheese and one-fourth of the cilantro.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 6 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the cheese is melted.
- Serve over black beans.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by broan2001 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note