Turned out very good! Used freshly prepared pinto beans rather then black beans. Brand of cornbread was a bit too sweet for our taste; next time I will look for one with less sugar content. Important part of this review is my husband loved it. I agree it is more like tamales then enchiladas.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Carbohydrate: 49.2g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 1129mg
- Calcium: 344mg
- 3 tablespoons diced green chiles, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh cilantro
- 1. Place 2 tablespoons green chiles and next 6 ingredients (through enchilada sauce) in a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting 4 hours.
- 2. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon green chiles, egg substitute, muffin mix, and roasted bell peppers in a bowl. Spoon batter evenly over bean mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook 1 hour or until corn bread is done.
- 3. Sprinkle cheese over corn bread. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top each serving with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note