Enchilada Breakfast Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 small soft corn tortillas cut in half
- 2 pound(s) chorizo or other breakfast sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 16 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 can(s) chopped green chilies
- 1 bunch(es) cilantro chopped
- 4 cup(s) Cheddar Jack cheese shredded
- cooking spray
- In a large skillet, brown chorizo or breakfast sausage, breaking into small crumbles. Add chopped onions and continue to cook over medium heat until onions are soft and translucent. Drain oil from sausage. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and half & half. Beat until mixed well.
- Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray. Place 8 of the tortilla halves on the bottom of the baking dish. Spread half of the cooked sausage over the tortilla halves. Pour half the egg mixture over the sausage. Sprinkle about 1 cup of the shredded cheese over the egg mixture. Spoon one of the cans of green chilies over the cheese. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the chopped cilantro over the chilies.
- Repeat, starting with 8 more tortilla halves. End with the final 8 tortillas halves. Spray tops of the tortilla halves with a light coating of cooking spray. Cover with aluminum foil.
- You can refrigerate this overnight. Remove from the refrigerator and bake, covered, immediately in a pre-heated 375-degree oven until the egg mixture is set (60 – 90 minutes). Remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese over the casserole. Bake an additional 10 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from oven and let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margareta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Enchilada Breakfast Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch