Empanadas de Cangrejo y Mango (Crab-and-Mango Empanadas)
The complex layers of flavor belie the simplicity of this empanada.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 empanada)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 169
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 19.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Masa de Empanadas (Empanada Dough)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Cut the Empanada Dough into 12 circles using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling onto half of each circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Combine water and egg; brush egg mixture around edge of each circle. Fold dough over filling; press edges together with a fork or fingers to seal.
- Place empanadas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Empanada Dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes