Emily's Spicy Chicken Enchilada Dip
This simple dip is great for tailgates and parties. Basically you just dump all the ingredients into a saute pan and cook it for 15 minutes. It is very spicy but still just as good if you don't add the cayenne pepper. This recipe is actually the filling I use for my chicken enchiladas. To make those, just spoon dip in to 12 flour/corn tortillas, roll and place in glass baking dish, top with one can of Old El Paso mild green chile enchilada sauce and sharp cheddar. Bake for 30 mins on 350.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 cup(s) chopped red and green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 8 ounce(s) chopped or diced green chile peppers undrained
- 8 ounce(s) sour cream
- 3 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 2 can(s) white chunk chicken breast shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 10 3/4 ounce(s) (1 can) Las Palmas medium Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cup(s) Mexican Cheddar pepper jack cheese
- 2 cup(s) Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) Cumin
- 2 tablespoon(s) Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 4 whole(s) corn tortillas (fold in half 3 times and tear 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1. Melt butter in 3 quart saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, green and red peppers and cook until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 2. Add chopped green chiles and shredded chicken, stir/mix and make sure all chicken is shredded before next step.
- 3. Stir in milk and tortilla pieces. Make sure none of your tortilla pieces are sticking together! Cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Add sour cream and cream cheese. Stir well and cook until mixture is even consistency (around 10 minutes).
- 5. Add 1 can of Las Palmas green enchilada sauce along with the Mexican cheddar and Sharp cheddar cheeses. Stir in cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by emilynashkitch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note