- 1 (3-ounce) package lime-flavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded cucumber
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- Lettuce leaves
- Additional mayonnaise
- Additional slivered almonds, toasted
How to Make It
Soften gelatin in cold water 5 minutes; add to boiling water, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Chill until mixture reaches the consistency of unbeaten egg white. Gently fold in remaining ingredients, except lettuce leaves, additional mayonnaise, and additional almonds. Spoon mixture into a lightly-oiled 4- cup mold. Chill until firm.
Unmold salad onto a chilled, lettuce-lined plate. Dollop with mayonnaise, and sprinkle with additional almonds.