Elvis's Fried potato sandwitch
The king of sandwitches. Cred goes to the NY Times who I got this recipe from.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound(s) bacon
- 2 small russet potatoes (about 3 ounces each) peeled, sliced
- 2 small yellow onions peeled, thinly sliced crosswise into rings
- 2 large slices country-style white bread
- Salt and pepper
- Mustard to taste
- Fry the bacon in a heavy cast-iron skillet to desired doneness and drain on paper towels. Heat the bacon drippings over medium heat, add the potatoes and onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fry until the potatoes are browned and crisp on the outside and tender on the inside and the onions are tender. (Do not turn the potatoes until they are crisp.) Taste for seasoning.
- Grill or broil the bread until toasted on one side. Smear the untoasted sides generously with mustard and layer the bacon, potatoes and onions on top of one mustard side. Cover with the remaining bread, mustard side down.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by johan86 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Elvis's Fried potato sandwitch Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches