This super-simple recipe gets rave reviews from our readers. Some add mushrooms or a dash or two of Italian seasoning, while others substitute ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef.
Southern Living APRIL 2006
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain noodles, and set aside.
2. Stir together ricotta cheese and garlic; set aside.
3. Cook 1 lb. ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
4. Layer a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish with one-third each of noodles, ricotta mixture, shredded cheese blend, and meat sauce. Repeat layers twice.
5. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes. Let lasagna stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Classico di Napoli Tomato & Basil pasta sauce.
Go to full version of