need 2 ricottas and it would be perfect.. so easy. it was my first time. thanks for the recipe!
This super-simple recipe gets rave reviews from our readers. Some add mushrooms or a dash or two of Italian seasoning, while others substitute ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 (15-oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon pressed garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (26-oz.) jars spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded Italian three-cheese blend
- 1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain noodles, and set aside.
- 2. Stir together ricotta cheese and garlic; set aside.
- 3. Cook 1 lb. ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- 4. Layer a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish with one-third each of noodles, ricotta mixture, shredded cheese blend, and meat sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes. Let lasagna stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Classico di Napoli Tomato & Basil pasta sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note