Elfin Shortbread bites
Community Recipe from
- Yield: 160 tiny cookies
- Bake: 325°F 12 mins to 14 mins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles
- 1. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Stir in sprinkles. Form mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.
- 2. Roll or pat dough on an ungreased cookie sheet into an 8x5-inch rectangle. Cut into 1/2-inch squares. Separate the squares on the cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until the bottoms just start to brown. Transfer to wire racks covered with waxed paper to cool. Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Makes about 160 tiny cookies.
- from the test kitchen
- Tip To Present This Gift... Punch holes on opposite sides of the cone, just below the rim. Punch another hole in the tip. Cut a length of beaded wire for the handle. Thread bead ends through punched holes, twisting ends to secure. Make a small tassel out of a 16-inch length of beads, wrapping into 2-inch-long loops. Tie at the top with another piece of beaded wire. Tie onto the cone through the punched hole in the cones tip.
- Tip Also try this... Use cone-shape paper drinking cups in the same way, decorating the outside with stickers in desired colors and shapes.
- Note To present this gift you will need:Paper punch, flexible plastic cone (available in the doll-making supply area of crafts stores), scissors, and colored beaded wire.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Elfin Shortbread bites Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes