One of the Best Pies I have EVER made!
Elegant Pumpkin-Walnut Layered Pie
Yield: Makes 10 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped and toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Roll 1 piecrust to press out fold lines; cut out leaves with a leaf-shaped cutter. Brush leaves with lightly beaten egg, and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Fit remaining piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under and crimp.
- Bake leaves at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Bake piecrust for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove leaves and piecrust from oven; let cool. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
- Combine 1/2 cup light brown sugar, chopped walnuts, butter, and vanilla extract; spread on the bottom of baked piecrust.
- Beat pumpkin, cream cheese, 2 eggs, and remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer. Add flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg, beating until blended. Spoon pumpkin mixture over walnut mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°, and bake 30 more minutes or until pie is set. Remove pie to a wire rack; cool. Arrange leaves on top of pie. Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts