Topping our tart are Florida-grown Ruby Red grapefruit and navel oranges and the brightest red grapefruit you can buy—the Rio Star from Texas.
Southern Living JANUARY 2011
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake coconut in a single layer in a shallow pan 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through; cool completely (about 15 minutes).
2. Pulse coconut, flour, and powdered sugar in a food processor 3 to 4 times or until combined. Add butter and coconut extract, and pulse 5 to 6 times or until crumbly. With processor running, gradually add 3 Tbsp. water, and process until dough forms a ball and leaves sides of bowl.
3. Roll dough into a 12 1/2- x 8-inch rectangle (about 1/4 inch thick) on a lightly floured surface; press on bottom and up sides of a 12- x 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim excess dough, and discard.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 40 minutes).
5. Spread Buttery Orange Curd over crust. Top with citrus sections.
Note: To make a round tart, roll dough into a 10-inch circle (about 1/4 inch thick) on a lightly floured surface; press on bottom and up sides of a 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom. Trim excess dough, and discard. Bake as directed.
Go to Full Version of