Elaine's Spaghetti Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 5 whole(s) Hot Italian sausages
- 3-1/2 pound(s) Lean ground beef >90% lean
- 1/2 cup(s) Shredded Parmesan cheese Fresh
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup(s) Fresh parsley Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Italian flavor bread crumbs
- 8 clove(s) Garlic Crushed
- 2 bag(s) Frozen chopped onions
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon or lime optional
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil
- 5 can(s) Crushed tomatoes Large cans
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) Dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Oregano
- 3/4 cup(s) Dry red wine
- Lightly brown sausages in pan with olive oil and a little garlic
- Mix together well: ground beef, Parmesan cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup parsley, bread crumbs, 3 cloves of garlic (crushed), 1 bag frozen onions, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pack hard into meatballs. Set aside.
- Sauté in 1/4 cup olive oil (not until brown): 1 bag frozen chopped onions, 5 cloves crushed garlic.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 cup parsley, red wine.
- When very hot add sausages and meatballs.
- Cook 4 hours on low, stirring often from bottom.
- Serve with your favorite pasta
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NatInWL and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes