Elaine's Spaghetti Sauce
Makes about 8 quarts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 whole(s) Hot Italian sausages
- 3-1/2 pound(s) Lean ground beef >90% lean
- 1/2 cup(s) Shredded Parmesan cheese Fresh
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup(s) Fresh parsley Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Italian flavor bread crumbs
- 8 clove(s) Garlic Crushed
- 2 bag(s) Frozen chopped onions
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon or lime optional
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil
- 5 can(s) Crushed tomatoes Large cans
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) Dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Oregano
- 3/4 cup(s) Dry red wine
- Lightly brown sausages in pan with olive oil and a little garlic
- Mix together well: ground beef, Parmesan cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup parsley, bread crumbs, 3 cloves of garlic (crushed), 1 bag frozen onions, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pack hard into meatballs. Set aside.
- Sauté in 1/4 cup olive oil (not until brown): 1 bag frozen chopped onions, 5 cloves crushed garlic.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 cup parsley, red wine.
- When very hot add sausages and meatballs.
- Cook 4 hours on low, stirring often from bottom.
- Serve with your favorite pasta
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NatInWL and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note