Eileen's Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1.5 pounds) boiled and shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 quart(s) low sodium fat free chicken stock
- 3/4 cup(s) buffalo wing sauce
- 2/3 cup(s) cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 bag(s) boil in bag white rice
- 1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions and carrots, stirring to coat. Sprinkle with salt, and cook about 5 minutes. Add celery and garlic and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle with flour and cook 1-2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Add in chicken stock, buffalo sauce and grated cheeses stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, add rice, then reduce heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Garnish with cilantro or scallions if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amddoody and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note